Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Paintings of ghosts, guardians, and creature comforts.

I am at a loss right now because I don't have a camera.
I am crossing my fingers and hope to have current paintings up in the next few days.
I have been painting after a long hiatus. The biggest challenge is showing up for the muse. I need to force myself to sit and paint every day.I am trying a new thing with this blog so I am accountable. I will start a painting every day. I plan to post inspiration and process. My goal is at least 3 finished paintings a week!
I was digging through my files to find some pictures of paintings I have done. In the past I have started with a face. I just like to see what happens around it.
Here are 2 paintings from a series called creature comforts. I had been reading the Golden Compass way before it was made into a movie.(Sorry for the picture quality, I will shoot them again soon).

*The idea of souls outside the body, guardians, and creature comfort just grew in my brain.





No comments:

Post a Comment